IT Industry Challenges with the Automation Network:
There is a problem in the IT industry today with making industrial automation application data and information accessible to IT/Network Management Systems. Because most industrial automation devices and systems do not support the IT standard, SNMP, there are limited means to identify these devices and systems within the NMS (Network Management System) applications.
The Kepware Solution:
Kepware's SNMP Agent for KEPServerEX provides an easy to use software platform for IT professionals to get access to automation systems and devices. KEPServerEX's SNMP Agent is a single application with over 140 communication drivers specifically built for Industrial, Building Automation, Oil and Gas, IT & Infrastructure, Power Distribution and Water & Waste Water applications. The SNMP Agent plug-in option will allow most NMS' to communicate with automation devices and automation systems.
The SNMP Agent will allow the IT professional to monitor network attached devices for conditions, avert and remedy failed internal processes, and fix unexpected external events. To improve reliability and enhance the performance of the industrial automation networks the ability to monitor and manage these devices and systems is critical.
Problem Oriented Features:
- Access to over 140 different industrial automation hardware protocols. This allows the IT professional to communicate with a wide array of devices found in the industrial automation industry.
- Access to third party industrial automation software applications including Clients and Servers. This allows the IT professional to communicate with third party OPC Servers and third party client applications (OPC DA/UA Clients, Wonderware, GE Intellution, Oracle, SAP and countless databases).
- Speed up the resolution of issues with improved visibility across the entire Industrial Automation network.
- Provides NMS access to visualize application and network service health.
- Provides NMS a means to identify resource problems across virtual and physical infrastructure to reduce business risks associated with downtime or slow performance within your industrial automation systems.
- Provides NMS a means to analyze historical performance trends to identify bottlenecks and drive infrastructure optimization within your industrial automation systems.
- Provides NMS access to immediate performance-issue identification with real-time diagnostic capabilities to lower business service impact within your industrial automation systems.
- Provides NMS with the ability to examine performance and usage trends based on historical application and system data.
- Maximize maintainability and scalability with no reliance on the Microsoft Agent service installed with Windows.
- Provides plant data to NMS via MIBs, OIDs and Traps.
- Supports CSV Import/Export.
Note: All KEPServerEX communication driver plug-ins are sold separately from the SNMP Agent. Click for a complete list of communication drivers and supported devices.