The Product Owner owns the product backlog and plays a crucial role in delivering great product by providing product vision and direction to the engineering teams. They are responsible for being the point of contact between engineering, the business, and the market. They attend team meetings including planning, daily standups, and reviews, and provide teams with the vision and direction they need to maximize business value.
Do You Have What it Takes?
This individual must have strong business savvy and technical capabilities. They must be able to understand a vision and clearly communicate its technical requirements with the engineering team while communicating the status, impediments and risks to the business team. This is the traditional agile/scrum role, executed in a highly technical environment.
- Help define Kepware’s future direction, assisting Product Management in creating and prioritizing future projects and strategy
- Guide the Scrum Team, owning the development of Epics, Stories, Acceptance Criteria, and the Product Vision/MVP gathered from internal and external feedback
- Help the Scrum Team deliver business value by owning prioritization of the backlog, ensuring the team understands and works on items with the highest business value
- Work with the Scrum Team to plan each sprint, setting clear and attainable sprint goals agreed on by the team
- Provide rapid feedback to the Scrum Team, validating the work completed each sprint, and attending daily scrums, sprint grooming, planning, and reviews
- Support the Scrum Team, by working to acquire documentation, hardware, software, customer contacts, and other resources needed for a project
- Continually learn about Kepware’s customers and markets, helping Product Management on technical calls and visits
- Keep Sales, Marketing, Support, Engineering and all project stakeholders in the loop on status, milestones, release dates, and key decisions
- Coordinate the release, maintaining a launch checklist and ensuring all groups stay true to deliverables and dates
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Controls Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience
- Strong background in software development (testing or writing code), or SCADA/Controls preferred
- Experience with agile scrum
- Excellent communicator, tailoring verbal and written communication to the audience
- Superb negotiation skills, knowing when to hold firm and when to compromise based on business value and impact to the Scrum Team
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Experience in Product Management or Product Ownership preferred
- Experience in the Automation Industry or related field is a plus