The Opto 22 Ethernet driver provides an easy and reliable way to connect Opto 22 Controllers to your OPC client applications, including HMI, SCADA, Historian, MES, ERP, and countless custom applications.
- Supports up to 256 channels and 65535 devices per channel
- Supports multiple protocols (TCP/IP and UDP)
- Supports Memory Map and Strategy Variables (MMIO & CONT)
- Includes Opto 22 specific error messaging
- Supports Automatic Tag Database Generation (*.bdb file)
- Supports Analog Point, Digital Point, High Density Digital (HDD) Point, Point Configuration, Alarm, Scratch Pad, PID, Variables, Tables, and Pointers
- CONT over Ethernet
- MMIO Ethernet
- E1 Brain Board
- E2 Brain Board
- SNAP Brains SNAP PAC EB-Series
- SNAP Ethernet I/O
- SNAP PAC R-Series
- SNAP PAC S-Series
- SNAP Simple I/O
- SNAP Ultimate I/O
- DDE Format CF_Text and AdvancedDDE
- NIO Interface for iFIX
- OPC .NET Service (OPC .NET) Version 1.00
- OPC Alarms and Events (OPC AE) Version 1.10
- OPC Data Access (OPC DA) Versions 1.0a, 2.0, 2.05a, and 3.0
- OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) Version 1.01
- SuiteLink and FastDDE for Wonderware
- Fixed a channel deadlock issue that could cause the driver to stop communicating with certain devices. The failure could occur randomly after many hours of stable communication.
- Fixed an issue where the driver sent a NULL terminator for CONT string writes.
- Fixed issue with processing "Object not found" Errors when using "CONT over Ethernet TCP/IP" Communications Protocol.
What Is a Driver?
is more than an OPC server
—it's a connectivity platform for industrial automation and IoT. Simply download KEPServerEX, and then select from Kepware's library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins to fit the communication requirements unique to your industrial control system.
A driver is a software component that enables KEPServerEX to meet the connectivity requirements of a specific device, system, or other data source. The driver handles all proprietary communications to the data source for KEPServerEX; the client interfaces handle all supported OPC, proprietary, and open standards connectivity to applications that monitor or control the devices.
Drivers may be licensed individually or in suites. Additional drivers can be licensed on demand as connectivity needs evolve.