The Weatherford 8500 driver enables the monitoring of real-time data and immediate control of Rod Pump Controller (RPC) devices and other Weatherford controllers used at wellhead facilities. It provides an easy and reliable way to read and write data to Weatherford series devices via the Weatherford 8500 protocol through client applications (including HMI, SCADA, Historian, MES, ERP, and countless custom applications).
- Supports up to 256 communication channels and up to 4095 devices/controllers
- Supports data acquisition for Downhole Dynagraph data
- Supports event directory retrieval
- Supports surface and downhole card retrieval
- Supports valve check data item syntax
- Supports Advanced Statistics Tags, including _CommFailures, _ErrorResponses, and more
- Optimized for extreme conditions (noisy communication channels and low-bandwidth).
- Ethernet Encapsulation
- Modem Support
- Automatic Tag Generation
- Automatic Device Demotion
- Channel Virtualization/Serialization
- Device Level and Communications Path Based Redundancy.
- Communication Serialization
- Weatherford 8500 Protocol
- ePIC RPC
- WellPilot RPOC
- WellPilot/ePIC VSD
- DDE Format CF_Text and AdvancedDDE
- NIO Interface for iFIX
- OPC .NET Service (OPC .NET) Version 1.00
- OPC Alarms and Events (OPC AE) Version 1.10
- OPC Data Access (OPC DA) Versions 1.0a, 2.0, 2.05a, and 3.0
- OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) Version 1.01
- SuiteLink and FastDDE for Wonderware
Updated the driver with the new Connection Sharing feature.
Added the new device-level internal tag "_FailedConnection" that indicates the driver failed on its attempt to connect to the device.
Fixed a Communication Serialization bug that prevented the driver from releasing communication control when there were many memory and/or Write Only tags with scan rates.
- Added channel serialization.
- Added support for the following models: EPIC, M2000, WellPilot Classic, 8800, 8750, 8650, and 8500.
- Added Inter-Device Delay
- New serial driver that allows the 8500 Protocol to communicate with Weatherford model 8500 RPOC controllers. Ethernet Encapsulation is supported.
- Added support for Advanced Statistics Tags, including _CommFailures, _ErrorResponses, and more.
- Enhanced the driver to allow the RTU P619 value to be queried prior to a Dynagraph request. The result of this request determines the “position inclusion and type character” parameter when building the Dynagraph transaction.
- Added the ability to format Date and Time values as ACSII numeric strings.
What Is a Driver?
is more than an OPC server
—it's a connectivity platform for industrial automation and IoT. Simply download KEPServerEX, and then select from Kepware's library of more than 150 device drivers, client drivers, and advanced plug-ins to fit the communication requirements unique to your industrial control system.
A driver is a software component that enables KEPServerEX to meet the connectivity requirements of a specific device, system, or other data source. The driver handles all proprietary communications to the data source for KEPServerEX; the client interfaces handle all supported OPC, proprietary, and open standards connectivity to applications that monitor or control the devices.
Drivers may be licensed individually or in suites. Additional drivers can be licensed on demand as connectivity needs evolve.