- Collects data consisting of a value, quality, and timestamp from any data source in the server (such as drivers, advanced plug-ins, or system tags)
- Collects from both static and dynamic server tags
- Supports persistence to a volume on the local machine (which can be a fixed drive or removable media)
- Supports access to historical data via OPC HDA 1.20
- Supports processed read requests (OPC HDA aggregates)
- Supports data timestamps with one millisecond resolution
- Supports configurable data collection scan rates as frequent as 10 milliseconds
- Supports collection deadband
- Has a configurable data retention policy
- Imports historical data that has been backed up and removed from active use
- Has a built-in historical data viewer for quick troubleshooting
- Supports tiered licensing for up to 10,000 tags
- OPC Historical Data Access (HDA)
EX5 - 5.18.662.0
- Corrected an issue with logging invalid timestamps.
EX5 - 5.17.495.0
- Added the ability to delete the datastore.
- Added support for the CSV import and export of historical tags under a historical tag group.
- Added support for 64-bit data types, including QWord and LLong.
- Added buttons to browse the directories for the Datastore Location and Import Location.
- Enhanced the multi-tag edit dialog to allow users to only edit a subset of the tag properties. Leaving a field blank will not apply any changes for that field to the selected tags.
- Added the new "Historian Service Status" field to the Status view to help troubleshoot issues when the Historian service is not running. The field shows started, stopped, disabled, or not installed.
- Simplified the tag dialog to allow dynamic or static tag address creation.
- Fixed a defect where tags would not be renamed if the server channel, device, or tag was renamed. This could occur in cases where the name changed in case only.
- Fixed an issue where closing the configuration when the Tag Browser was being used could result in the configuration crashing.
- Tag groups are now given a default name upon creation.
- Fixed an issue where the Value Display view was not updated with new settings until a new value was recorded for the tag. The view is now updated when the setting changes are made.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when adding String or Boolean tags where the deadband option was not shown as disabled. These data types do not support deadband.
- Fixed a missing help file link from the tag dialog page.
EX5 - 5.16.722.0
- The new Local Historian Plug-In further improves data functionality by capturing historical data at the point of collection in an easy-to-configure, flexible, and open solution. It collects, stores, and provides access to data at the source to prevent loss and improve operational efficiency. The Local Historian Plug-In provides businesses a simple, cost-effective solution for data collection and storage challenges.
OPC HDA 1.20 Client Access
- Supported IOPCHDA_Server Interface Functions:
- CreateBrowse (except filtering)
- Supported IOPCHDA_SyncRead Interface Functions:
- Time Average
- Minimum Actual Time
- Maximum Actual Time
- Supported IOPCHDA_Browser Interface Functions:
The Local Historian provides historical information to custom or off-the-shelf OPC HDA-compliant client applications for data visualization, reporting, and analytics. Because the Local Historian's design decouples data storage and visualization, users can choose the visualization or reporting solution that best meets their unique needs.
Kepware has tested the advanced plug-in with multiple third-party products to validate the accuracy of the software's OPC HDA implementation, including the following:
- Advanced Mathematical Analytics
Please contact a Kepware Sales Representative for additional information.