The Weatherford 8500 driver enables the monitoring of real-time data and immediate control of Rod Pump Controller (RPC) devices and other Weatherford controllers used at wellhead facilities. It provides an easy and reliable way to read and write data to Weatherford series devices via the Weatherford 8500 protocol through client applications (including HMI, SCADA, Historian, MES, ERP, and countless custom applications).
- Supports up to 256 communication channels and up to 4095 devices/controllers
- Supports data acquisition for Downhole Dynagraph data
- Supports event directory retrieval
- Supports surface and downhole card retrieval
- Supports valve check data item syntax
- Optimized for extreme conditions (noisy communication channels and low-bandwidth).
- Ethernet Encapsulation
- Modem Support
- Automatic Tag Generation
- Automatic Device Demotion
- Channel Virtualization/Serialization
- Device Level and Communications Path Based Redundancy.
- Communication Serialization
Weatherford 8500 Protocol
OPC Data Access (OPC DA) Versions 1.0a, 2.0, 2.05a, and 3.0
OPC Alarms and Events (OPC AE) Version 1.10
OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) Version 1.01
OPC .NET Service (OPC .NET) Version 1.00
SuiteLink and FastDDE for Wonderware
NIO Interface for iFIX
DDE Format CF_Text and AdvancedDDE
EX5 - 5.10.205
Updated the driver with the new Connection Sharing feature.
EX5 - 5.9.170
Added the new device-level internal tag "_FailedConnection" that indicates the driver failed on its attempt to connect to the device.
EX5 - 184.108.40.206
Fixed a Communication Serialization bug that prevented the driver from releasing communication control when there were many memory and/or Write Only tags with scan rates.
EX5 - 220.127.116.11
- Added channel serialization.
- Added support for the following models: EPIC, M2000, WellPilot Classic, 8800, 8750, 8650, and 8500.
- Added Inter-Device Delay
EX5 - 18.104.22.168
- New serial driver that allows the 8500 Protocol to communicate with Weatherford model 8500 RPOC controllers. Ethernet Encapsulation is supported.
A driver is a software component that enables KEPServerEX to meet the communication requirements of a specific device, system, or other data source. The driver handles all proprietary communications between the data source and KEPServerEX; KEPServerEX handles all OPC or proprietary client communications between the driver and the client application(s).
Drivers may be licensed individually or in suites. Additional drivers can be licensed on demand as connectivity needs evolve. All OPC client interfaces can connect to KEPServerEX without additional charge.
1 Year Support and Maintenance Agreement
Add To Cart
View Full Pricelist
Kepware, Inc. All rights reserved.